Capital funding requests are reviewed and approved or denied by the Student Government Treasurer and the Student Budget Advisory Committee (SBAC). An organization is eligible to apply for capital funding for one time expenditures that are not operational in nature. They are intended for improvement of student organizations and these items must stay with the organization and school. Examples are sports equipment, team uniforms, electronic equipment, banners, etc.
All requests must be in accordance with SBAC funding guidelines.
In order to be eligible for funding each organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a chartered student organization at the time of the request.
- Must currently be active on campus, meaning that each organization has an updated Link page with current leaders, meets regularly, and provides an accurate account of their on-campus activity.
How to prepare your request:
First, there is no way to determine whether or not your organization will be approved. Listed below are all of the following you will need:
- An invoice (not a quote or statement) from the company for the good/service. With a valid tax ID and full amount of the purchase (an inaccurate invoice is the type of thing that will penalize your organization). If it is $2,500 or more a purchase order will be required.
- Completed W-9 if the company has not done business with the school before (better safe than sorry to get one of these which can be found on the Wake Forest finance website, http://finance.wfu.edu/forms).
- A detailed description of the purpose of the good/service attached to the invoice.
- Signatures from the organization Treasurer and Faculty adviser and your organization six digit department code must all be signed somewhere on the invoice (just find some white space on the invoice and have the signatures and code on there).