Capital funding is a process done by the office of the Treasurer of Student Government with the assistance of select faculty members using funds remaining from the previous fiscal year of all student organizations. The funds allocated for capital funding are meant to be one time expenditures intended for the improvement of student organizations; these items are to stay with the organization and school. In order to be eligible for capital funding each organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a chartered student organization prior to July 1, 2016.
- Must currently be active on campus, meaning that each organization has an updated OrgSync with current leaders, meets regularly, and provides an accurate account of their on-campus activity for the previous academic year.
- Fill out the following forms and answer each of the questions on the application.
- Inaccurate information and forms will be penalized either by being pushed to the back of the pile or a loss of eligibility for receiving capital funding this year (innocent mistakes will not be penalized but inaccurate information intentionally falsified will be).
- If your organization is applying for multiple items during this process (referring to different items, not referring to an increased quantity of one item) then this form and the questions must be filled out for each separate item being requested.
Planning for Purchase IF approved:
First, there is no way to determine whether or not your organization will be approved, so if you prepare the following documents and do not get approved then the best I can say is that we are sorry. The other perspective is that if you are approved and do not have the following ready or unable to obtain any of then the problem lies with your organization alone. Listed below are all of the following you will need:
- An invoice (not a quote or statement) from the company for the good/service. With a valid tax ID and full amount of the purchase (an inaccurate invoice is the type of thing that will penalize your organization). If it is $2,500 or more a purchase order will be required.
- Completed W-9 if the company has not done business with the school before (better safe than sorry to get one of these which can be found on the Wake Forest finance website,http://finance.wfu.edu/forms).
- A detailed description of the purpose of the good/service attached to the invoice.
- Signatures from the organization Treasurer and Faculty adviser and your organization six digit department code must all be signed somewhere on the invoice (just find some white space on the invoice and have the signatures and code on there).
Funding request forms will be available after September 1, 2017.